Friday, June 3, 2011

Preludium and Allegro


This piece, "Preludium and Allegro," I first learned when I was about 14 years old.  As with most pieces, I worked very hard on it, so much so that it lost it's beauty to me.  But, now, 5 years later, I'm finally picking it back up and realizing the treasure that this piece really is.  It has everything in it!  It's divided into two parts-- the first being slow and intense and packed with emotion, the second is very fast and complicated yet dripping with the same emotional intensity.
Playing this piece brings me this tangible Joy.  It is fun to play, and honestly, it's a great piece to show off my ability.  But, more than that, I have to use every bit of what God created in me to play it.  From the physicality to the emotional intensity, I put everything I have into it, completely draining myself.  But, at the end of that last note, though I am exhausted, I am so much more fulfilled, because I have used all that I have been given to praise the One who gave it to me.  Colossians 3:23-24, "Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ."  

No comments:

Post a Comment