Sunday, June 5, 2011

Key Lime Pie -- my favorite!

I don't eat many sweets.  It's not that I don't like them, but they just aren't my favorite.  I would take a hamburger over chocolate any day.  But, this key lime pie is just delightful!  It is definitely my favorite dessert.


Ingredients
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon grated lime zest
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1/3 cup vanilla instant pudding mix
1 1/4 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
1 cup fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions
- Process sugar and zest in food processor until sugar turns bright green
- Add cream cheese and process until combined
- Add condensed milk and pudding mix and process until smooth
- Scrape down sides of bowl
- Stir gelatin and 2 tablespoons lime juice in small bowl
- Heat in microwave for 15 seconds
- Stir until dissolved
- With machine running, pour gelatin mixture, remaining lime juice, and vanilla through feed tube and mix until thoroughly combined
- Pour filling into cooled crust, cover with plastic and refrigerate at least 3 hours or up to 2 days 

No comments:

Post a Comment