Monday, June 20, 2011

Crepes

When I was little, I had the biggest sweet tooth you've ever seen!  I could eat sugar all day long.  I had a friend from kindergarten all the way through senior year of high school, Steph, who I spent the night with a bunch over the years.  I used to love spending the night with her, because her mom would fix crepes in the morning and would let us put anything we wanted in them!  For me, this meant chocolate, sugar, and more chocolate.  This started my love for crepes. Now that I no longer have a such a sweet tooth, I love filling them with fresh fruit and honey and jam.  I got so excited when I found this recipe, because it is so easy and uses ingredients that you always have around the house!
Ingredients
2 large eggs
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1 cup flour
3 tablespoons melted butter
Butter, for coating the pan

Directions
In a blender, combine all of the ingredients and pulse for about 10 seconds.  (Make sure you scrape down the sides of the blender, because the flour likes to stick to it and not mix.)  Place the crepe batter in the refrigerator for 1 hour.  This allows the bubbles to subside so the crepes will be less likely to tear.  The batter will keep for up to 48 hours.  
Heat a small non-stick pan and coat with butter.  Pour 1 ounce of batter into the center of the pan and swirl to spread evenly.  Cook for 30 seconds and flip.  Cook for another 10 and remove.  
**Sweet Variation-- add 2 1/2 tbs sugar, 1 tsp vanilla, and 2 tbs of liqueur to egg mixture

No comments:

Post a Comment