Sunday, November 27, 2011

Spinach Smoothie-- actually good!!

After eating a tremendous amount of food over Thanksgiving, I decided a healthy diet was in order.  The biggest problem with healthy eating, for me, is breakfast.  Normally, I just drink coffee, but if I have time to eat, it's nothing good.  And, breakfast really is the most important meal of the day.  I love fruit, especially in the morning, so I looked for some fruity breakfast food that wouldn't require much prep time at all.  So, in my quest for a healthy breakfast, I ran across this-- Spinach Smoothie.  ..... yeah, sounds disgusting, right?  I thought so too.  And, the picture didn't help much-- bright green mush...  But, thinking back to the pounds of pumpkin pie currently settling on my thighs, I thought, why not?  So, I made one, and.... IT'S ACTUALLY GOOD!!!  I honestly can't taste the spinach at all, and I'm not just saying that.  And, the best part, it took a couple minutes to make.  So, here you go, pumpkin pie lovers:

Spinach Smoothie
Banana
Strawberries
Vanilla yogurt (i just used a 6oz yoplait)
Baby spinach leaves
Literally all you do is throw everything in a blender.  I would just add however much fruit to taste.  If you like more banana, add more. Like strawberries, add more. And, just keep adding handfuls of spinach until it turns bright green.

Being a college student, I sleep in as long as possible, so I made extra and refrigerated some and froze some. So, I'm going to pour up some in the morning and add a frozen bit to act as ice haha.  Hope it stays good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment